The Twisted Reflection

I look at myself in the mirror, but can't recognize the image it brings back. Where I have long dark hair, I can only see the baldness of his skull; I have a well rounded beard, and yet his grin is barely covered by a two day lack of self-attention; if my eyes are dark and determined, his are icy blue and fully demented; he also lacks the tattoo in my face and my implants, his own hidden from sight inside his brain.
And yet, he is my mirrored image.

Where I have duty, he has blind obedience. If I see submission to the purpose and the structure, he accepts only submission to him. I understand slavery as a step toward greater freedom and unity, he accepts slavery as the perfect and final state. When I worship the Empress and the Empire, he worships himself alone. I seek peace through unity, he fights for peace through annulment. Where I believe in the unity of duty and discipline, he accepts only the unity through losing control of the self. If I value the acceptance of each one in his place, he forces them to that position and destroys the possibility of resistance.
I am life, and he is death. I am myself. He is Sansha Kuvakei, or any of the many slaves that are just broadcasting centers for his maddened self. And yet, in a way, he still is the twisted reflection of all that I value, the mockery of all I stand for. The extreme opposite of the Blood Raiders I so much hate, which are the other twisted image of who I am. To the madness annulling self of one, and the demented exaltation of the self the others are, only duty, service and honor can stand like a stone against the waves, invulnerable for eternity, resisting each and every one of their attempts to advance.

Comentarios

  1. Este relato fue escrito el 13 de Febrero, después de mucho roleo y debate sobre algunas de estas cuestiones con Tiberius Thessalonia en el foro oficial de EVE. Así que representa la forma de ver a la Nación Sansha de Sepherim Catillah, mi personaje y el narrador en la historia.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Un mundo de tinieblas

El poder de los nombres

Tiempo de Anatemas 27: La senda de la tinta y la sombra