A Meeting (few Weeks After Vak Athioth)

The moonlight bathed the peaceful park. The man stood between two big Darkwood trees, shading him from much of the silver light, which in turn glimmered in the small waves of the lake. He was turning his back against the world, shielding himself in his inner thoughts.
Troubled thoughts.

It was a dark moment for all Amarr, with the recent defeat in Vak Athioth and the rebellion that was raging in the north with all the Minmatar slaves. Dark times indeed, some even went as far as to say that God had turned his back against all of the Amarr, and was showing his wrath in such terrible way.
It didn't seem too unlikely.
But the man knew better than that. Those ideas were for the weak. It was a trial, a big trial of Faith. A test for all the generations to come.
And Amarr would prevail.
Another man came from behind him, almost as old as the first one. His was a strong body, with powerfull muscles and complexion. He wore the uniform of a high ranking member of the Amarr Fleet, but that wasn't his only high achievement. Like the first, he was one of the most reputed members of the Imperial Families, even though he wasn't that near to the Emperor's blood himself.
-I've heard your call, my friend, and here I am. Some have frowned at me for leaving the Fleet this brief time, but I know it must be important if you call me on such short notice. Tell me, my friend, what is worrying you so much?-
-Everything, my old friend, everything. Amarr lives dangerous times, and I believe this we see is only the begining of it. Tides are changing, and Amarr must prepare for it.-
-You talk with enigmas, my friend, when you know I'm a direct man. Puzzle me no longer, please, for curiosity has bitten my interest- the strong man answered as he reached the shore of the placid lake.
-Information, my friend, information. Everything seems to have taken place at too short a notice, and too well organized. I'm troubled because the Jove were ready and waiting for our mighty fleet, and because the Minmatarr have gotte weapons out of thin air. I'm worried because the Emperor is troubled by the events, and some say he's even changed. I'm troubled because this is only the begining.-
-And what can we do, my friend?-
The older man paused a moment before answering. A swift breeze moved the grass and the trees, but he didn't seem to notice it.
-Information- he said, softly, almost unhereable.
-What have you said, my friend?-
-Information- the other answered, with more confidence-. Things are changing too quickly, and there are many questions without any answer. We need to get ahead of them, to grasp them in our hands. Only then will the Empire be secure again.-
-Yo might have a valid point there, but we already have the Fleet Intelligence service for that, my friend.-
-I know of your valued Service, I even know you are a high ranked member in it. But it isn't enough. You are all focused on the outside, on the enemies, on the Reclaiming. We need something inside, we need knowledge, not only intel.-
The officer thought about that silently for a moment.
-And what are you suggesting we do about it, my friend?-
-Organize it. I even have the right man to take charge of that opperation.-
-And what do you need me for, my friend?-
-I need intelligence information. That's what's most needed now, in these dark times.-
-You can count with me, my friend, but you'll have to tell me more about this all.-
-Of course, come, walk with me and I'll tell you the details of my plan.-

Comentarios

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. El primer relato que formó parte del trasfondo de la Ordo Quaesitoris, data del 2 de Noviembre de 2006 y estrenó la zona secreta del foro.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Un mundo de tinieblas

El poder de los nombres

Tiempo de Anatemas 27: La senda de la tinta y la sombra